Where you can read the relatively rational ramblings of a silly half-monkey, half-boy. This freak of nature is named Joel. He also responds to the name 'Bart Wang'.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

How is this legal?

A brief observation that will (or, at least, should) make your blood boil. While adding up my gas receipts for 2005, I noticed something that made me angry. Yesterday, January 4th, 2006, I filled up on gas at 97.9 cents a litre. That's insane. I have a receipt from purchasing gas on January 2nd, 2005 and I paid 67.9 cents a litre. I kid you not. That's thirty cents a litre and almost a fifty percent increase. Are you kidding me?!? How can something like that even happen, legally-speaking? No other commodities change prices within the day like fuel does and none are so unrelated to current costs of production. If gas was 50 cents a litre five-to-ten years ago, the efficiency of producing gas has increased for less cost. And yet we're paying insane prices. Thank the Lord I'm a pacifist (for the most part) otherwise I might be in jail for bombing the oil companies.

Yes, I'm on vacation (you're all screaming, 'AGAIN?!?!'). Yes, again. It's been a good week so far, capped off tonight by the Canadian junior team winning the gold medal. Excellent game until the third period (when both teams didn't seem that interested). Pierre McGuire is a fool and the worst sportscaster I have ever heard.

As Bon Jovi encouraged us, have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home