Where you can read the relatively rational ramblings of a silly half-monkey, half-boy. This freak of nature is named Joel. He also responds to the name 'Bart Wang'.

Monday, October 03, 2005

A blessed and glorious day off

Hey kids. Uncle Monkey Boy is sitting at home, in front of the computer, sending you a message of love. I love not being at work. I would retire now if I could. Dropped the Stratus off to get undercoated in preparation for winter. I do not love winter. In spite of the fact that I was taught not to hate anything, I will say that I hate winter. Yes, I share my wife's sentiments that snow at Christmas looks nice. I would do without it if it meant at least ten degrees Celsius/50 degrees Fahrenheit throughout that period of time. The best part of winter is when it ends and I get my tax return. I'm already looking forward to that.

It's Josh's birthday today! YAY! Happy birthday, sweet thang.

I'm going to try to use today to get some small tasks done. Booking appointments, writing letters and such. I'm getting a new doctor and had to get my old doctor (who I dislike a lot) to send my records to the new doctor. I put it off for months but finally did it up by sending him the money required ($25). I also finished the Mae CD I was making for Taxman. He's seen the light that is the glory of Mae. I was just listening to Imogen Heap on Bill's recommendation. Egads, that is some great stuff! You might know her as half of Frou Frou. Or, you might not know her at all. I suggest getting to know her.

Oh, how could I forget the entire weekend?!? Saturday, we ventured for the first time into Sarnia for the blessed union of Head (a.k.a. Toast a.k.a. Steve Host) and Cheryl. The ceremony was nice, Head looked dapper, Cheryl was beautiful and all went well. I'm not too keen on priests though. I can think of only one Catholic wedding I've been to where it seemed like the priest was at all interested in the events. The reception was a lot of fun too as we got to catch up with people I rarely see. Matt Armstrong is back from England and living in the Creek again. We sat with Jamie Blashill, Mike Bujara (a.k.a. Booj), Nathan Veldman and Lori-lin Harrett. Even Belly showed up for the reception! Animal (a.k.a. Mike Andres) was in effect too. Of course, Head's brother, Richard (a.k.a. Grichard a.k.a. Little Head a.k.a. Roast) and his wife, Melissa (a.k.a. Animal's sister) were present and partied down. The food was marvelous as it was in a Polish hall - that's right, homemade cabbage rolls and perogies! SOOO good! The only disappointment of the night was that everyone kept calling Head 'Steve'. No one used his real name. I thought that was ignorant.
Congratulations to Head & Cheryl!

Last night, I was going to head back into Toronto (a.ka. Hades) to see my man, Pigeon John, but I was too tired. Instead, I watched 6ixty-nin9, a great Thai film by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang. It was very entertaining, combining action, drama and comedic elements. Ratanaruang is now garnering praise for his film, Last Life In The Universe. Blondel's seen it and thought it was great.

There's supposed to be a gathering of Saltfleet boys tonight at the Attic for wings. Mmmmm, wings.

Just finished some dishes and now I should head out and pick up my car. It only takes an hour to do the undercoating and I ran home from the shop. It's about 10-15 minutes from the house by foot, probably 7-8 minutes by dog sled and 45 minutes on the back of a 68-year-old Slovakian woman. Those Slovakian seniors are slow but they never give up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fungineer said...

wow. two posts in a matter of days. good stuff. keep up the good work!
btw, the afternoons EP you sent was decent. I probably wasn't in the best frame of mind when I listened to it though...

11:08 a.m.

 
Blogger HCJoel said...

Give it another try. I don't care for their own song but the two with Rosie Thomas are fantastic.

1:36 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home