Where you can read the relatively rational ramblings of a silly half-monkey, half-boy. This freak of nature is named Joel. He also responds to the name 'Bart Wang'.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

These aren't bruises, my friend. This is a deeper shade of love that you'll never understand.

I know a lot of people. Some would suggest I have an warm personality and an uncanny ability to engage in reasonably meaningful conversation with anyone. Others would agree with the some. I just like people, I guess, in spite of my statements indicating general disdain for the masses of humanity. Except you. I like you.

Anyhow, I've talked about Phil Donlon before. I randomly e-mailed him a few years ago after reading an interview with him in a magazine. Phil's in film (Philm?). He's an actor, writer, director, etc. He's also a hunk. We chatted through e-mails, I interviewed him for Bottle Breaker magazine (R.I.P.), he visited Peterborough once and we hung out for a weekend. He's an awesome guy, makes killer films and makes a convincing gangsta. Anyhow, he's putting the finishing touches on his last short film, The Man In The Silo. It stars Ernie Hudson. Yes, he's being hugged in that picture (he's on the left) by Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters. Hopefully, there will be a trailer up on the site soon. Keep checking.


While my software is crappy so far, I feel the need to share what I can of videos I have built up. Lucky you, you get to see Doug Nagy. According to Facebook, he's my father. In real life, he's my mother. While in L.A. recently, Doug met Paul Reubens. Yes, Pee Wee Herman. He's now full-time with John Campea on The Movie Blog, where he is frequently joined by Bruxy and another good friend, Darren Conley. I've known Doug for several years now, meeting him long after I had first heard of his escapades with the electric ukelele (thanks to Jeff Bradley). We share a lot of the same friends and getting together with them is always a treat.

Doug's always been a funny guy. He decided to take this to a level that few 'funny guys' do - he went to the stage and told his jokes. He's been working on his routine for a few years now and it's excellent. Provided you're not easily offended, I suppose. He got a couple spots in L.A. at Ha Ha Ha and the Improv. Not bad for a kid from the Rose City.

This is not child-friendly material, my friends. Should you download it? Yes. Should you let children under the age of 18 watch? Absolutely not. Hahaha. Enjoy.

Doug Nagy - Staircase Theatre, Hamilton, Ontario (Feb.25/05) [WMV]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home