Where you can read the relatively rational ramblings of a silly half-monkey, half-boy. This freak of nature is named Joel. He also responds to the name 'Bart Wang'.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Shakin' All Over!

I'm watching a special on CBC about the origins of 'the Canadian sound' in music. It's pretty great. After Fred lent me the book, 'Have Not Been The Same', my interest in Canadian music grew exponentially. This TV show is right up my alley. It's nutty to learn about how many of the songs I hear on Oldies 1150 (my favourite radio station) are actually Canadian!

I've read a lot of excellent articles on the Christianity Today website. I never would have guessed it to be a fairly progressive-minded magazine. There has been some regressive crap (for instance, read this drivel by Charles Colson in which he suggests playing music on the radio is 'dumbing down' Jesus' message) but there has been plenty to keep me interested and challenged. Here's a list of some recent articles I've enjoyed recently. Dig in!

Brian McLaren - No Cowardly Flip Flop

Andrew Paquin - Politically Driven Injustice

David P. Gushee - Five Reasons Torture Is Always Wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home