Where you can read the relatively rational ramblings of a silly half-monkey, half-boy. This freak of nature is named Joel. He also responds to the name 'Bart Wang'.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Blondel wanted me to update this site. I started to do so then I followed a link that Doug Nagy sent me - I lost everything I had typed. I'd curse Doug but he's a good guy and he makes me laugh frequently so I couldn't do that to him. Listen to Doug's critique of 'Dark Water' and get ready to roar.

Who buys things from spam e-mail? I was thinking about this because I have lots of stupid pop-ups (the same ones over and over) that I can't get rid of plus I get a fair amount of spam in my e-mail. Oh, and I got at least one spam comment on my last post (how does that happen?) Who actually thinks, "Hmmm, I got an unsolicited e-mail offering me a bigger weiner, a girl who wants me to visit her 'naughty' website, the widow of a Nigerian army general wants me to help her get $23 million dollars out of the country and I can get prescription drugs from an unknown source. God bless the Internet!!" Someone must be buying this stuff otherwise these idiots would stop trying to sell it, wouldn't they?

These are the four most important women in my life who are not my wife. They're my teammates at work, four of the six people with whom I spend more time than anyone else in the world. From the left is Michelle (known affectionately as Taylor), Chantal, Jenn and Copeland (her parents actually named her Jenn but we already had one on the team). Now, of course, I'd be remiss not to mention the other two Michelles who have also been vital parts of our team but had babies so they're on mat leave right now. I'm speaking about Lucci and Schulenberg. Can't forget them.

Today was a sad day at work. The first of two in a row. It was the last day my team would be together as it has been for almost the last three years. I'm on vacation for two weeks after tomorrow and Chantal leaves tomorrow until next year because she's going on an education leave. Jenn is taking tomorrow off for a friend's wedding this weekend so it was the last day we'd be at work together because Jenn's moving on to another agency. She's moving back to her hometown in October. I know we'll keep it touch but we've been a family for quite a while and we've gotten along so well it truly feels like a big loss in my life. I've known Jenn for four years now, I think, since she started as a summer student and then got a full-time job (well, sort of - long story!) on our team. Chantal joined almost three years ago and became my "pod-mate" (as Rick refers to it) when the agency moved to our new building. Both are incredible workers and amazing people and I'm going to miss them immensely (as will the others on the team). Thankfully, Chantal will be back in about ten months and I'll still get to see her at church (right, Chantal?). Sadly, Jenn will not be back. Unless we burn down her house. Or maybe threaten her with bodily harm. We're not sure which way we're going to go yet.

Last week, we went to Niagara Falls instead of going to work. Well, it was officially work since we talked about work at times. We went on the Maid Of The Mist, which was exciting and funny and refreshing. We learned why it's important to use the hood of the plastic poncho (didn't we, Taylor & Chantal?). We ate at Boston Pizza - and it was good! We found out Taylor is having another baby! And we sadly learned Jenn was leaving us. It was nice to hang out with my friends away from the office 'cause we don't do that enough. It's not until people leave that we realize how important they are to us. Jenn and Chantal have said that same thing to me. I wonder if most people just have colleagues at work or if they would actually say that their co-workers are their friends. I've been incredibly blessed by these people.

I finished playing softball last night. Our team is the Juggernauts. We kicked some serious butt. My playing faded as the year progressed, unfortunately, but I had a great time. Just as my work team is made of killer people, our softball team doesn't have a lump in the bunch. We went 23-1-1 (that's 23 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie), which is crazy. I look forward to seeing these clowns again next year (or sooner, if they are lucky folks like Summer and Mark). Congratulations to Kevin "K-Dawg" Graham (and Lyndsay) who gets married on the weekend and Johnny "Ringo" Pryke (don't know his fiancee's name), who gets hitched next weekend.

Bill pointed me to this article which just made me angry. This dude needs to change his name because he doesn't deserve it. Plus, he should probably stop misrepresenting Jesus. That's not cool at all.

It's only one week until I go back to Barry's Bay! Woo hoo! We're hoping to book our trip to Cayo Coco, Cuba sometime next week. It's going to be so much fun because: 1) we're going to Cuba in November, 2) I'm going to Cuba with my wife in November, 3) we're going to Cuba in November with Josh & Amanda, and, 4) hopefully Belanger, Katie and Melanie Ramsay will come with us too!

Opus (a.k.a. Jason) just got married a couple weeks ago. Congratulations! I've only corresponded with him a few times but he's tight with Todd. And if you're friends with Todd, you're probably someone who is alright. Anyhow, he suggested you check out this site. It's funny. Melanie won't think so. She'll say something like, 'Oh, that's not nice! Poor kitty!' She's got no sense of humour. Hahahaha.

I can't think of anything else to write at this point. Sorry, Dave. I'll let you know if anything else comes into my brain. Until then, may the Force be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home